Thursday, July 24, 2008

Party Boy

Stina and the girls are still in the US.  They return at the end of the month so I haven't been wasting any time.  I've been going out to bars, movies, and restaurants as often as I'm able.  In fact, I've launched a website to catalog all the cool stuff going on in GDL.  For some reason, unknown by me, bars and nightspots seem reluctant to advertise or even hang a sign out front.  There is also no way that I know of to dig these things up online.  The end result is that if you don't know what's on, you just don't know.  Not anymore!!!  With MondoGDL you'll always know what to do that night.  Check it:  here and leave me comments, and suggestions on layout or events that I should be covering.

Other than that, work on the house continues.  We've finished the left side and are now working on the right.  One of the first things they've done is remove that hideous porch-type / shit box thing.  The house looks much more elegant now and has lost it's boxy, oppressive feel.  

Before:












and after












From here, they'll redo the texture on the right side then move to the front.  Ater that we start on the bathrooms and, from there, the end begins to come into view.  I'm hoping that we'll see that by the end of the year.

No comments: