Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Mariachi Serenade

Last night I had a completely Mexican moment.

I was in a pretty deep sleep and about 2:30 I woke up to the sound of music. Mariachi music. I looked out the window to try to see the source, but it sounded like it was coming from around the corner, up the street. I opened the window and listened for a few minutes- the violins were a little out of tune but the trumpets and men's voices were great.

The sound was so surreal and interesting in the absolute quiet, dead of the night. I think someone was getting a serenade, but I'm really not sure what was going on.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Just found your blog through Mexico Connect board.
I am just starting the move to Mexico and that makes your story of special interest to me.
I have started a blog also in case you care to view it.

I wish you luck with your house remodel project those things take on a life of their own, don't they?
Julia